Sunday, January 22, 2012

Third Sunday in January ALREADY!?

Does anyone else notice that the years go by faster and faster the older you get?  I feel like it was JUST New Year's Eve like last week, and here we are three weeks into January.  Crazy.

I was hoping to make my third blog post more light with a recipe for cake pops, but this week has been crazy!  I didn't actually get them made.  First time they were on my to-do and they got ignored.  Although, I'm not sure anyone would have wanted them this go around anyway, since I've been so God awfully sick!  Meh.  I'm going a little crazy that I haven't been able to work out or run much this week.  I have a 5k next weekend, and I'm pretty sure that the only goal I'll have this time around is to finish!  ...if I even feel well enough to try!

Anyway, I've stumbled upon (in one way or another) a myriad of quotes this week.  Some of which I wanted to share!  A little inspiration for the coming week:

-- If you are depressed, you are living in the past.  If you are anxious, you are living in the future.  If you are at peace, you are living in the present.   Author Unknown

-- Life is like riding a bicycle.  To keep your balance, you must keep moving.  Albert Einstein

--(more so a passage than a quote, but a great view on "perspective") It was a thin, grey rain; hard and fast and cold.  As was my custom in such elements, I hunched against the rain, drew into my collar, turned my eyes to the street, tensed my footsteps, and proceeded in misery.  But my hosts, I soon realized, reacted in quite another way.  They strolled calmly and smoothly, their bodies perfectly relaxed.  They did not hunch away from the rain, but rather glided through it.  They directed their faces to it and did not flinch as it drummed their cheeks.  They almost reveled in it.  Somehow, I found this significant.  They accepted the rain.  They were not at odds with it; they did not deny it or combat it.  They accepted it and went with it in harmony and ease.  I tried it myself.  I relaxed my neck and shoulders and turned my gaze into the wet.  I let it do to me what it would.  Of course, it was not going to do anything to me.  What a silly notion.  It was simply falling as rain, and I, a man, another phenomenon of nature, was sharing the space in which it fell.  It was much better this way.  I got no wetter than I would have otherwise, and if I did not actually enjoy the wetting, at least I was free from the strain.  Tom Robbins


--Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words.  Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior.  Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits.  Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values.  Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.  Mahatma Gandhi
 

So now that you're all quoted out, I'll explain.  My focus this week is on perspective and carrying yourself to be the best and kindest person you can be. Always.  Life doesn't always work out the way you want it to, but the guarantee is almost that while one area of your life can wane, the other will wax.  I have such an exciting set of career moves ahead of me in the coming weeks that I am certain I should be focusing on myself anyway.  The mantra "come what may" is my strength this week.  Things will happen that are far out of our control.  I encourage all of you to try to "free yourselves from the strain".  The rain is going to fall whether you like it or not.  You might as well find a reason to dance in it!

<3 always.

1 comment:

  1. enough with all the quotes already!! i want the recipe for cake pops!!! :)
    haha... i guess i should have read this before i sent you that short novel. you've definitely gotta be quoted out. ...love your focus for the week!! and best closing to a blog ever!!!

    "The rain is going to fall whether you like it or not. You might as well find a reason to dance in it!" -Karli Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete